Spring is finally here! Bye bye winter coats, self tanners, and deep berry lips. Hello bikinis, Mr. Sun, and fun, bright colours! I love the spring and summer time because I LOVE bright lips! So what better way to kick off Spring 2014 than with a post all about my lipstick picks for Spring & Summer this year?
I love all bright lipsticks: pinks, corals, oranges, reds.. you name it! I picked out 8 of my favourite spring shades.
Read more after the jump!
1. YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain in 07 Corail Aquatique ($35- Sephora)
2. MUA Lipstick in Shade 7 (£1- MUA)
3. Maybelline Color Whisper in Cherry on Top ($8.79- CVS)
4. NYX Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler ($5- NYX)
5. Bourjois Color Boost in Red Sunrise (£7.99- Superdrug)
6. MAC Amplified Lipstick in Morange ($16- MAC)
7. Michael Marcus Lipstick in Debbie ($24- Michael Marcus)
8. Etude House Rose Tint Lips in 08 After Blossom ($4.03- Amazon)
1. YSL’s Corail Aquatique – is a beautiful nude peachy-coral colour. This Glossy Stain shade gives an okay pigmentation, it’s not super opaque as it is a lighter colour. I love how glossy it makes my lips look. After the gloss fades in a few hours, you’re left with a beautiful stain. It doesn’t accentuate the fine lines in my lips, and is not drying at all. The only downside to this is the price! I finally splurged $35 on this after lusting over it for more than a year.
2. MUA Lipstick in Shade 7 – is a frosty, peachy colour. This goes on the lips really smoothly but it does accentuate the fine lines in my lips a lot. I love this colour if my lips have been exfoliated :p It doesn’t feel drying or anything.
3. Maybelline Color Whisper in Cherry on Top – is a sheer, almost-hot pink colour. This is a colour that brightens up the face and adds a beautiful pop of colour on the lips. I love the formula of the Maybelline Color Whispers – they go on super smoothly, and the colours and amazing. You do have to touch up several times throughout the day though.
NYX Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler – is an orange-coral lip gloss. I don’t usually wear lip glosses alone but this one I love! The gloss is a little sticky, but not too much. The colour pay-off is amazing, and it makes my lips look soft and glossy. The gloss doesn’t hang on to the fine lines of my lips.
Bourjois Color Boost in Red Sunrise – is a red with pink undertones. I love that it is a jumbo lip pencil and is super easy to apply. The formula is amazing, goes on the lips without tugging and stays on for a couple of hours. This colour is one of those pick-me-uppers when you feel like being a little lazy on the eyes. It’s a very wearable kind of red.
MAC Amplified Lipstick in Morange – is straight up orange. This is definitely a statement lipstick. I love the formula of this lipstick – it’s creamy and stays on the lips for a really long time. This lipstick goes so well with a winged eyeliner. I love wearing this to parties, events, etc. This might not be the best lipstick for every day wear, but it’s a fun colour to throw on sometimes.
Michael Marcus Lipstick in Debbie – is a true red. Sorry about the sloppy application. The formula of this lipstick is the best I’ve ever tried. It’s so creamy and it lasts for ages! It’s super pigmented so I definitely suggest using a lip brush for this. It also looks very glossy.
Etude House Rose Tint Lips in 08 After Blossom – is a hot raspberry colour. I only applied one very thin layer on my swatch for an every day look, but it’s a colour that you can build up and make it a statement lip. It has a matte finish but it’s not drying.
Those are all my lipstick picks for Spring 2014! As you can see, I love bright lipsticks- especially the corals!
Till next time, girls! Soak up some sun (but don’t forget the sunscreen!).
Thanks for reading, xoxo