Thanks to Kylie Jenner, she has made all of us want big, plump lips that most of us honestly can’t have without lip injections, or great genes. But thanks to the magical world of makeup that we all love, we can achieve that Kylie Jenner lip with just a few products! I personally have so-so lips, they’re not too thin or big, but sometimes I want to add that extra sexy, pouty-ness to my makeup look. Now I’m not saying that only plump lips equal sexy, all lip shapes and sizes are equally beautiful.
Honestly I think what all this rage is about is that Kylie Jenner used to have quite thin lips, but out of nowhere has these big, plump lips that makes her look completely different. She first claimed that it was just makeup, until recently where she admitted to lip injections. That being said, I actually really like Kylie Jenner. Enough rambling, let’s get on with the pictorial! Again, further instructions will be below the pictorial 🙂
Pictorial: Start across the pictorial, then down.
You will need a lip scrub, a toothbrush, or a wash cloth; a matte nude lip liner, your lipstick of choice, a shimmery pink or white eyeshadow/highlighter, clear lip gloss (optional).
- Start off by exfoliating your lips to make your lips more plump and get blood flow to your lips. You can use a lip scrub, a toothbrush or a wash cloth.
- Overline your lips with a nude lip liner. Line slightly over your natural lip line.
- Apply your lipstick as you usually would, and make sure to apply it over the lip liner as well.
- Add a highlight shade on your Cupid’s bow to add light and make it look like your lips are pouty, and some matte bronzer under your bottom lip as a shadow to make it seem like your bottom lip is plump and pouty, thus causing a shadow.
- Add a shimmery eyeshadow/highlighter to the center of your lips. This will make your lips look plumper. You can stop here if you prefer matte lips.
- If you like glossy lips, add a clear gloss over the entire lip, and you’re done!
Getting plump lips has never been easier, and I don’t think the plump lip trend is going away any time soon as long as Kylie rocks them! I personally love my natural lip shape so I only do this on special occasions, but it is a beautiful look nonetheless. What do you think of the Kylie Jenner lips?
Thanks for reading, xoxo