Hello, friends! Korean beauty products have been all the rage for quite some time now, and for good reason. They are innovative, have super cute packaging, and in my personal experience with most of the products I’ve tried, very effective! When you’re first starting to try out K-beauty products, it can be a little overwhelming because there are a ton of products out there. Korean makeup looks are usually more on the natural side because they focus mainly on skincare. If you’ve never heard of the crazy Korean beauty routines, one of the most popular ones is probably the 10-step skincare routine. Yep, 10 different products for one skincare routine. It works though. I mean, have you seen their youthful glow?
Whether you’re a K-Beauty addict like me or just wanting to dip your toes in the (very dangerously addictive) K-beauty waters, these are the 16 Korean Beauty Products You Need Right Now!
1. Nature Republic Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel – This stuff saved my skin. No kidding. I used to have those pesky tiny bumps all over my forehead that just don’t seem to go away. I put on a thick layer of this on my face before heading to bed every night and washed it off when I woke up. My skin cleared up within two weeks! Even though those little bumps have cleared up, I still use this to prevent them, keep my skin moisturised and looking glowy. Because aloe vera has natural soothing properties, it also cools down the skin after a long day and helps with sunburns too.
2. MIZON Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule – Ampoules are basically concentrated serums that are targeted toward a specific problem. This MIZON one has anti-aging properties and helps to lift the skin. The cool thing about this product is, the effect is very noticeable very quickly (many Amazon reviews agree!). It helped with my skin elasticity and gave me bouncy, glowy skin. This also makes my face feel very smooth and soft.
3. Etude House Bubble Tea Sleeping Mask (Strawberry) – Sleeping masks are one of my favourite Korean beauty products in general. You apply it before going to bed and wash it off in the morning with your usual morning cleansing routine to reveal soft, glowy skin. I’ve been using this Etude House one for a while and I love it because it doesn’t feel sticky on my skin and is very lightweight. Also, how cute is that packaging? Makes me crave bubble tea! It also comes in 3 different “flavours”, Strawberry, Green Tea, and Black Tea. They also have a 3 pack one, with one of each “flavour”.
4. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask – If you have very chapped lips, you need this in your life! I use this as a lip balm when I wake up, and also before I go to bed. I apply a thin layer in the morning and a thicker layer at night so it can work its magic to reveal soft lips when I wake up. I swear by this stuff – my lips have never been chapped again. Love!
5. Su:m 37 Miracle Rose Stick Cleanser – This cleanser is everything I want in a cleanser – it lathers up easily, it doesn’t feel drying on the skin, it takes off any dirt or leftover makeup, and it has a very fresh scent that I love. I use this as my second cleanser, after a cleansing water, and it’s amazing. It cleans my skin so well and brightens up my skin too. This is also great for travelling since it’s not a liquid and you can just bring it on the plane for long flights.
6. VDL Lumilayer Primer – If you have combination/oily skin, but you still love a good healthy glow when it comes to your foundation, you need to try this out! After putting this on, any foundation you put on top of it will look radiant and naturally glowy. It has a very soft glow effect that doesn’t look greasy or oily. This is definitely one of the best “glowy” primers for combination/oily skin.
7. TONYMOLY I’m Real Sheet Masks (11 Pack) – Sheet masks are a must in every Korean skincare routine! I really love these ones because they’re so effective and very affordable. They have so many different ones, but my favourites are definitely the moisturising and the brightening ones! The moisturising ones help with the dry flaky skin on my cheeks and the brightening ones leave a healthy glow on my skin.
8. Banila Co. Clean It Zero Sherbet Cleanser – I use this cleansing balm in place of my cleansing water when I have more makeup on my face. It removes all traces of makeup, even waterproof mascara and long-wear liquid lipsticks. I scoop out a small amount and rub it gently on my skin. It melts immediately upon contact with the skin and melts all the makeup off with it. I use a cleansing foam after this, and my skin feels super clean but not dry. This also comes in a BIG size tub of this, if you’re interested!
9. TONYMOLY Petit Bunny Gloss Bar – Take a break from the drying, liquid lipstick trend and use this instead! It’s a highly moisturising lip product that gives a subtle pop of colour to the lips. And have you seen this packaging? I have two backups of this in my collection! It’s one of my favourites “no makeup” makeup products.
10. Labiotte Wine Lip Tint (6 Colors Pack) – The packaging of this lip tint is a wine bottle and it comes in 6 different colours to choose from. This dries down to a matte finish and is very long-lasting. There is also a sample kit with 3 of these wine lip tints available on Amazon. If you’re a beauty product lover AND a wine lover… this is for you! No reason not to get it, right? Better yet, you could even wear your new wine lip tint while you drink wine!
11. Neogen Dermalogy Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Wine – This is an exfoliating pad that is amazing for sensitive skin. If physical scrubs are too harsh for your skin, check this one out! Not only is it super effective, it also has a wine scent! Can you tell how much I love wine? #sorrynotsorry haha!
12. Etude House Tint My Brows Gel – If you cherish every minute of sleep you have in the morning, you need to get this! I LOVE this stuff! This is a brow tint that lasts about 3 days before fading. I apply it and leave it on for about 2 hours, then I peel it off (yes, it’s a peel off but it doesn’t hurt at all and it doesn’t pull out your brow hairs, promise!). It usually takes me around 15 minutes to do my brows each morning so using this product saves me a ton of time.
13. The SAEM Cover Perfection Tip Concealer SPF28/PA++ – This concealer is creamy, high coverage and doesn’t crease! It’s very lightweight yet covers every single blemish. It’s also really great for concealing undereye circles. I haven’t tried the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, but a ton of reviews say that this is an exact dupe of the NARS. It’s very affordable, and it works amazingly. I featured it in my Half Drugstore, Half High End post if you want to see it in action!
14. Kailijumei Flower Jelly Moisturising Lipstick – When I first saw this lipstick, I was pretty sceptical because it looked gimmicky… But I was actually proven wrong! It’s a colour changing lipstick that depends on the temperature. It’s very moisturising on the lips and it stains the lips so it lasts all day! If you love gorgeous lipsticks and long-lasting stains, this is definitely for you!
15. belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb – This is my favourite moisturiser EVER. It really hydrated my skin, balanced out the oils, and best of all… it helped me clear my skin! It has a really aromatherapeutic scent that I absolutely love! I have a full review of this up if you’re interested to read more in depth information about it and how well it worked for me.
16. Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Science Activator Ampoule – If you’re a fan of the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, try this one out! It’s much (and I mean muchhhhhh) lighter on your pocket and is just as effective. I love how this brightens my skin and also keeps my skin moisturised and looking glowy.
So those are the 16 Korean Beauty Products You Need Right Now! I’ve tried my fair share of K-beauty products and I think these are some of the best. If you’re just wanting to start trying Korean beauty products, these are definitely the products to try first! If you’re a K-beauty addict, and you have more recommendations on your favourite Korean beauty products, let us know in the comments!
Have You Read These?
Thanks for reading, xoxo