Happy Monday, beauty nerds! I’m sure by now you’ve heard of the crazy 10-Step Korean Skincare Routine. You might have been contemplating whether or not it’s worth spending so much money and time on your skincare routine. On one hand, you see the gorgeous, glowy skin that all the Korean celebrities have so you know, looks like it really works! But on the other hand, who wouldn’t want to have that extra 15 minutes of sleep in the morning? Well, I sacrificed that 15 minutes of sleep for you… and I’m happy to report that sure, it works, BUT it’s really not necessary. There is an abundance of Korean skincare products that work wonders on the skin without having to use all 10! So today I thought I’d share 18 tried & tested Korean Skincare Products That Actually Work!
1. Nature Republic Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel – I mentioned this in my Best Korean Beauty Products post, but I HAVE to mention this again. It is my #1 skincare product – Korean or not! It’s so affordable ($8 for a HUGE tub!) and SO effective at treating a plethora of skin issues. This is my ultimate secret weapon when it comes to clearing my skin of acne/breakouts. I had crazy hormonal acne on my jawline a couple of months ago and I saw amazing improvements after a week of use. Also, you know those pesky little bumps that you get on your forehead that never goes away? This saved my skin from those. I slather on a thick layer of this before bed every night and let it work its magic overnight.
2. Haruharu WONDER Maqui Berry Anti-Oxidant Cream – This moisturiser has a gel texture but the moisturising capability of a cream. It deeply hydrates the skin while keeping the skin looking bright and feeling smooth. This is especially great for more mature skin. My Mom absolutely loved it! She’s obsessed with how it keeps her dry skin hydrated and looking supple. Also, have you seen the packaging?!
3. TONYMOLY Egg Pore Tightening Cooling Pack – This product looks super gimmicky cause of the packaging but it worked really well for me! It does an amazing job at tightening the pores on my nose area. One of my friends tried it out and it worked really well on him too. If you’re looking for something to minimise the appearance of pores, give this a go. It has a small amount of product, but a little bit goes a long way.
4. LANEIGE Fresh Calming Morning Mask – If you’ve read my in-depth review of this or my Best LANEIGE Products post, you’ll know this is my absolute favourite daytime moisturiser. The product pumps out as a foam and is very easy to apply and spread on the skin. It’s super lightweight, absorbs quickly, and leaves my skin feeling nice and soft. It also has a really soothing aromatherapeutic scent that boosts my mood in the morning.
Related Post: 16 Korean Beauty Products You NEED Right Now!
5. belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb – This moisturiser is one of the most amazing moisturisers I’ve tried to date. I have a full review of this up if you’re interested in reading more about it. It is the best moisturiser for oily, acne-prone skin. It hydrates the skin without feeling greasy, reduces sebum production and helped me clear my skin of acne. Also, it has a very soothing scent!
6. Etude House 0.2mm Therapy Air Mask – These are the best range of masks I’ve ever used. They’re very thin (0.2mm) and they adhere really well to the skin. The mask is very saturated with the essence/ampoules and they absorb into the skin very well. They have three different formulas (light, medium, rich), depending on what you’re looking for.
7. CosRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner – This product is so highly raved about in pretty much every Korean beauty community/forum that I’ve seen, and for good reason! It is a toner that doubles up as an exfoliating fluid that gently removes flakes and dead skin. It does wonders at removing and preventing blackheads and whiteheads, keeping the skin bright and blemish-free!
8. LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask – This is the best hydrating sleeping mask I’ve tried to date. It has a watery consistency and absorbs right into the skin. It creates a barrier so your skin doesn’t lose moisture throughout the night (especially if you sleep with the AC on). Whenever I use this, my skin looks bright and feels super smooth the next day. The best part is that it’s not sticky so your hair doesn’t stick to your face, which is super helpful if you’re a tornado in the sheets like me when you sleep 😛
Related Post: 8 of the Best LANEIGE Products That You’ll LOVE!
9. Son & Park Beauty Water – I use this beauty water as a toner and it is freaking amazing! It removes all traces of makeup and dirt that my cleanser didn’t catch. It also brightens the skin and preps it for other skincare products. Another way I love to use this is as a refresher throughout the day. When my skin is feeling bleh, I put a little bit on a cotton pad and swipe away!
10. Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off – This product is amazing if you use it very gently. I like to gently massage it in circular motions with a little bit of warm water to gently exfoliate my skin. My skin feels so smooth after and looks bright, healthy and glowy. It gets the job done right, but if you massage it in too hard, it can be too abrasive. That’s the only thing to note! 🙂
11. Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish SPF50+/PA+++ – I’m SO picky when it comes to sunscreen and this one checks all the boxes for me. It has a very thin, liquidy consistency. It feels super light on the skin and doesn’t leave a white cast (it does when you first apply it but disappears after it dries). My favourite part of this sunscreen is that it has a soft matte finish and it helps keep my oils in check all day. I highly recommend this if you have oily skin, or just hate the feeling of heavy, greasy sunscreens.
12. The Face Shop Rice Water Light Cleansing Oil – So far, I’ve only found two cleansing oils that I really like. One being this, and the other the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil. This one is much more affordable, but it works just as well. It’s a very lightweight oil and it doesn’t clog the pores. It removes all traces of makeup (even waterproof liquid lipstick!) and washes off easily without leaving a greasy residue.
13. Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask – This is my go-to heavy-duty clay mask! It’s amazing at removing dirt and clearing out clogged pores. The difference of my skin before and after using this mask is crazy. It makes my skin feel baby soft and looks super bright and clean. This mask is great for oily/acne-prone skin. I especially love using it for multimasking, with this on my t-zone area while using something hydrating for the other parts of the face.
14. Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop – This is a Vitamin C serum that’s great at lightening acne scars and pigmentation. It goes on a little oily but absorbs well into the skin after a while without feeling greasy. I noticed that my acne scars looked significantly lighter after using it for only a short two weeks. It’s been years since then, and I’ve used up about 3 bottles of these.
15. Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask – This stuff is great if you want a heavy-duty sleeping mask. It is thick and sticky, so it’s best to use at night before heading to bed. After using this, I wake up with smooth, hydrated skin that also has a gorgeous, healthy glow. It’s the perfect sleeping mask for when your skin needs a little pick-me-up! This is great for both dry and oily skin.
16. Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask – Ahhh, the OG carbonated bubble mask! This was the product that catapulted bubble masks into the spotlight! Not only is it fun to watch the clay bubble up on your face, but it cleans out clogged pores so well, leaving you with bright and smooth skin. Also, I kind of like the tingly sensations when the bubbles pop on your face 😛
17. Too Cool for School Egg Mousse Pack – I bought this when I was in Hong Kong a year ago and it’s still going strong. This is a really unique product. It’s a 5-minute mask that pumps out as a mousse! After washing it off, my skin looks bright and feels smooth. Has anyone been counting how many times I said ‘smooth’ and ‘bright’? It also really helped with pore-tightening on my nose area.
18. Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam – I feel like I never talk about cleansing foams cause they’re kind of boring, right? But this baby here actually deserves a shout out from the rooftops! A little tiny bit of this goes a loooong way so you only need a small amount each time. It has little beads that very gently exfoliates the skin. It cleans the skin really well without making your skin feel like the desert.
So there you go! Those are 18 of the Best Korean Skincare Products I tried & tested that actually work wonders! I hope you found something new to try that will take your skincare routine to the next level. If you’re interested in more amazing Korean beauty products, check out my 16 Korean Products That You NEED Right Now post. What are your favourite Korean skincare products? I’m always on the hunt for more Korean beauty products cause I’m (more than) a little bit addicted.
Follow Beauty Nerd By Night on Bloglovin’ or subscribe to our newsletter to be notified of new posts:
Have You Read These?
Thanks for reading!